Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Best of Talent Activities

By Jay Warnick

Last Saturday night in the Kirkham the lights were dimmed and crowds of people flooded the large theater for this semester’s last Talent Activities show: “The Best of Show.”

This show is the most unique of all shows out of the semester, it is a collection of fan favorites from all the shows this past semester. There were performers that originally performed at shows such as “Grand Piano’s Live,” “Guitars Unplugged,” “Acoustic CafĂ©,” “A Capella Jams,” and many, many others.

With 17 total performances ranging from self written piano solos to a performance of “Cat in the Hat” from Suessical the Musical, the variety was large.

The variety of performances was electrifying. Though there were some sound equipment difficulties which resulted in an outbreak of jungle noises from the crowd.

“I thought it was fun, I liked the variety, I think it helped draw a lot of people in,” said Kait Cox who was a first time attended of the show.

And draw a lot of people in it did. It was the second most attended event second only to “Guitars Unplugged.”

No comments:

Post a Comment